© All Rights Reserved. Attorney advertising. The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

  • LinkedIn Social Icon
Li Law Group

Li Law Group is a law firm in Omaha, Nebraska. Our attorneys have successfully defended many clients with criminal charges. We are attentive to hear our clients and understand their goals. We develop and prepare our cases to achieve our clients' needs and wants. Through trust, talent, efforts, and teamwork, we zealously represent our clients. If you have need a criminal defense lawyer, call us at 402.391.2486. Our office is located at 8424 West Center Road Ste 108, Omaha, Nebraska.

Request A Consultation


  • An inmate can be released from prison before serving their full sentence if certain requirements are met, such as good behavior.


Preliminary Hearing

  • A hearing in felony cases where the prosecution must show that they have sufficient evidence that a crime was committed by the defendant. This is a constitutional safeguard to ensure that defendants are not held baselessly, but it does not require the prosecution to actually “prove” the charges as they do if the case goes to trial. If the judge is satisfied that the prosecution has enough evidence to proceed, the case continues and further hearings are scheduled.


Pre-Sentence Investigation (“PSI”)

  • A written report prepared by the probation department which helps inform the judge on how the defendant should be sentenced. Depending on the offense and the defendant, these reports can be quite comprehensive, including information on the defendant’s work and school history, family, drug use, criminal record, and statements from individuals who know the defendant, or individuals affected by the crime.


Right to Speedy Trial

  • Individuals accused of crime have a constitutional right to have their charges disposed of within 6 months of the time they are charged. Although there are reasons that a defendant may want to allow their case to progress more slowly, the right to a speedy trial ensures that defendants do not have to wait indefinitely before having their day in court.



  • After a defendant is found guilty, the court must decide what punishment to hand to the defendant. Sentencing may occur at a separate hearing specifically for this purpose, or may be done immediately after a guilty verdict is entered, depending on the circumstances of the case.